On this page you can find a collection of links to pages dedicated to specific overclocking technologies from AMD, ASUS, GIGABYTE, Intel, MSI, and NVIDIA. This list is a work in progress.
Last Update: January 13, 2023
AMD Overclocking Technologies
- AMD Extended Profiles for Overclocking, or AMD EXPO, enables ubiquitous memory overclocking profiles for AMD platforms supporting DDR5 memory.
- AMD Precision Boost 2 opportunistically increases the CPU performance based on the CPU temperature, current, and power headroom.
- AMD Precision Boost Overdrive is the overclocker’s extension of Precision Boost 2 as it provides us with tools to tweak the Precision Boost 2 algorithm and achieve higher frequencies.
- AMD Precision Boost Overdrive 2 is an extension of the Precision Boost technology which opportunistically increases the CPU frequency.
- AMD UCLK DIV1 Mode enables forcing the memory controller to run at the same or half the system memory frequency.
ASUS Overclocking Technologies
- ASUS Ai Overclock Tuner enables to use of memory profiles and manual adjustments to the CPU reference clock.
- ASUS AI overclocking is a unique approach to automatic overclocking as it adjusts OC settings based on the observed CPU and cooling quality
- ASUS Cache Dynamic OC Switcher enables at-runtime switching between low gear and high gear to optimize Ring frequency and performance.
- ASUS Direct Over Clock Profile is an ASUS technology that aims to replicate the Intel XMP and AMD EXPO technologies.
- ASUS Dynamic OC Switcher allows dynamic switching between AMD Precision Boost Overdrive and OC mode on AMD Ryzen processors.
- ASUS Medium Load Boostit works around the Precision Boost C-state limiter to enable higher performance in multi-core workloads.
- ASUS Memory Presets is an ASUS overclocking technology that provides you with a selection of memory tuning presets for certain memory ICs.
- ASUS MultiCore Enhancement enables higher out-of-the-box performance for heavy, power-hungry, multi-threaded workloads.
- ASUS VLatch allows enthusiasts to detect the true Vmin and Vmax of the CPU core voltage without having to purchase an expensive oscilloscope.
- ASUS Voltage Suspension forces the CPU Core Voltage to stay within a specific range even when using a dynamic voltage like with Precision Boost Overdrive.
- ASUS Water-Cooled OC Preset is an ASUS overclocking technology that provides you with a single option to overclock your processor.
GIGABYTE Overclocking Technologies
- GIGABYTE Active OC Tuner allows active switching between AMD Precision Boost Overdrive and OC mode on AMD Ryzen processors.
- GIGABYTE PBO Enhancement, formerly known as Performance Bung, is a performance-oriented technology which provides preset profiles to configure Precision Boost Overdrive.
- GIGABYTE Performance Bung is a performance-oriented technology which provides preset profiles to configure Precision Boost Overdrive.
Intel Overclocking Technologies
- Intel Adaptive Boost Technology opportunistically enables all-core workloads to run at the maximum single-core Turbo Boost 2.0 frequency.
- Intel Adaptive Voltage Mode is the standard method to configure the VccIA or VccCORE voltage of Intel CPU cores according their factory-fused voltage-frequency curves.
- Intel Advanced Voltage Offset, commonly known as V/F Points, is an extension of the Adaptive Voltage which enables manual V/F curve tuning.
- Intel AVX Ratio Offset clips the maximum Turbo Boost ratio when AVX instructions are used, enabling maximum performance for SSE & AVX workloads.
- Intel BCLK Aware Adaptive Voltage is an option that enables the PCU to adapt the CPU voltage frequency curves to the actual BCLK frequency.
- Intel BCLK Governor is an integrated circuit that calculates the BCLK frequency and prevents the CPU from running the BCLK above the allowed limit.
- Intel Cryo Cooling Technology is an intelligent sub-ambient cooling product that offers a new and improved overclocking experience on desktop.
- Intel DRAM Odd Ratio Mode enables the use of odd (as in: not even) DRAM memory multipliers which enables more fine-grain memory overclocking.
- Intel Extreme Memory Profile, or XMP, is a technology that lets you automatically overclock the system memory to improve system performance.
- Intel Extreme Memory Profile 3.0 is the new XMP standard for DDR5 memory and is the successor to XMP 2.0 for DDR4 memory.
- Intel FLL OC Mode is a function present on Alder Lake and Raptor Lake CPUs which enables high frequency overclocking since microcode 0x12.
- Intel Overclocking Thermal Velocity Boost, or OCTVB, allows the user to manually configure the Thermal Velocity Boost behavior of Intel CPUs.
- Intel Per Core Ratio Limit allows you to set a CPU Core Ratio for every core inside your CPU individually.
- Intel Per Core Voltage allows you to set a specific target voltage for every individual core inside your CPU.
- Intel Ring Downbin, or Ring to Core Ratio Offset, is power management feature that reduces the Ring ratio compared to the Core ratio.
- Intel Thermal Velocity Boost opportunistically increases the frequency and reduces the voltage when the CPU is below its maximum temperature.
- Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows the processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency when the processor works below its rated power, temperature, and current specification limits.
- Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 identifies the “favored cores” in your multi-core CPU and allows higher turbo boost for those cores.
MSI Overclocking Technologies
- MSI Game Boost enables one-second overclocking providing you with an easy performance boost with the click of a single button.
NVIDIA Overclocking Technologies
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 1.0 is a GPU clocking technique that converts available power headroom into increased GPU performance.
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0 is the 2nd generation GPU clocking technique that converts available power headroom into increased GPU performance.
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0 is the 3rd generation GPU clocking technique that converts available power headroom into increased GPU performance. It is the successor to the GPU Boost 2.0 technology.
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 4.0 is the 4th generation GPU clocking technique that converts available power headroom into increased GPU performance. It is the successor to the GPU Boost 3.0 technology.