Arc OC Tool is an overclocking software created by Shamino and enables overclocking of 1st generation Intel Arc graphics cards.
The Arc OC tool provides a user interface for the overclocking functions integrated in the Intel Graphics Control Library (IGCL). The functions include (as of January 9, 2023):
- ctlOverclockGetProperties: Get all available overclock properties
- ctlOverclockWaiverSet: For user to accept waiving warranty when overclocking
- ctlOverclockGpuFrequencyOffsetGet: Get the Overclock Frequency Offset for the GPU in MHz.
- ctlOverclockGpuFrequencyOffsetSet: Set the Overclock Frequency Offset for the GPU in MHZ.
- ctlOverclockGpuVoltageOffsetGet: Get the Overclock Gpu Voltage Offset in mV.
- ctlOverclockGpuVoltageOffsetSet: Set the Overclock Gpu Voltage Offset in mV.
- ctlOverclockGpuLockGet: Gets the Locked GPU Voltage for Overclocking in mV.
- ctlOverclockGpuLockSet: Locks the GPU voltage for Overclocking in mV.
- ctlOverclockVramFrequencyOffsetGet: Get the current Vram Frequency Offset in GT/s.
- ctlOverclockVramFrequencyOffsetSet: Set the desired Vram frequency Offset in GT/s.
- ctlOverclockVramVoltageOffsetGet: Get the Overclock Vram Voltage Offset in mV.
- ctlOverclockVramVoltageOffsetSet: Set the Overclock Vram Voltage Offset in mV.
- ctlOverclockPowerLimitGet: Get the sustained power limit in mW.
- ctlOverclockPowerLimitSet: Set the sustained power limit in mW.
- ctlOverclockTemperatureLimitGet: Get the current temperature limit in Celsius.
- ctlOverclockTemperatureLimitSet: Set the temperature limit in Celsius.
- ctlPowerTelemetryGet: Get Power Telemetry.
For more detailed information you can refer to the IGCL Github as linked above.
The Arc OC tool is part of the Maximus Z790 OC pack (M15ocpak), available on the ROG forums. While the Arc OC Tool version downloadable from this page works with any motherboard, feel free to stop by the ROG forum to say thanks to Shamino!
This software is provided as is and does not come with any warranties. Use at your own risk. No effort has been made to validate the functionality on any Arc graphics card apart from the one I use in SkatterBencher #44.
By using this tool to overclock your graphics card, you assume all risks and liabilities associated with such use. Neither Shamino nor me will be held responsible for any damages that may occur as a result of overclocking, including, but not limited to, hardware failure, system instability, and reduced system performance.
You should also be aware that overclocking may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your graphics card and other system components. It is your responsibility to check with the manufacturer and ensure that your system is still covered under warranty after any overclocking has been performed. It is your responsibility to accept waiving your warranty rights by using this tool.
By using this tool, you indemnify and hold harmless Shamino and me from any and all damages or liabilities that may arise from your use of this tool to overclock your graphics card.
How to Use Arc OC Tool
The tool offers two methods of overclocking the GPU and adjustments to the temperature and power limit. Please read the instructions carefully to avoid any damage to your GPU.
Download: https://skatterbencher.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/ArcTool.zip (extract, then open ArcTool.exe. Under the Intel menu you can find ARC OC)
There are two ways to overclock the Arc GPU: offset and lock. With Offset you can “unlock” the higher parts of the GPU voltage-frequency curve. With Lock you can specify the voltage and frequency of the specific active voltage-frequency point. While Offset is available in the Intel Arc Control software, lock isn’t at the moment.
- OC Freq Offset: set the desired GPU frequency offset (enable higher frequency range)
- OC Volt Offset: set the desired GPU voltage offset (enable higher voltage range)
The OC Offset knobs control the GPU Performance Boost and GPU Voltage Offset also available in the Intel Arc Control software. As said, setting the Offset only enables the higher V/F points. The effective GPU clock is still subject to the GPU power control unit algorithms. If you are operating within operating limits, setting an offset will increase the frequency. However, if you’re already at the limit of the operating limits, then setting an offset will not increase the frequency.
- OC Lock Freq: set the desired GPU frequency for the active V/F point
- OC Lock Volt: set the desired GPU voltage for the active V/F point
Setting the Lock overrides the voltage and frequency for the highest active V/F point which typically is the maximum frequency. This is the most effective way of increasing the frequency, though it is still subject to the GPU PCU algorithms. It is required to set the Lock frequency and voltage at the same time. You may need to change the Lock Volt if you want to change the Lock Frequency.
IMPORTANT! Be careful when setting the voltage! On my A380 I have to set 1.00000 for the default voltage, then 0.99999 for 10mV less and 1.00001 for 10mV more. If you’re not careful, it’s possible to set >2V as I demonstrated before.
OC Temp Limit and OC Power Limit control the GPU Temperature and GPU Power Limit. The range is limited to the same range available in the Arc Control software.